Hello! Sorry for the long time between posts – it was a long, hard winter around here, just like I’m sure it was for many other people. Now, spring is here though and everything is looking better and better! So, just in time for St. Patrick’s Day here is the yummy dessert mix that the boys and I love to make each year. This is a fast and easy no bake recipe that everyone loves and it is flexible so you can add whatever or remove whatever you would like to make it unique for yourself. You could also easily make this gluten-free as well.
The ingredients that I use for this recipe are a bag of pre-popped popcorn, a bag of dipping sticks pretzels, a bag of chocolate eggs, Lucky Charms, a bag and a half of white chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. In a large bowl I combined the popcorn, pretzels, chocolate eggs (or M&Ms) and a very large pour of Lucky Charms. I mixed everything together in a large bowl and set it aside while I melted the white chocolate over a double boiler. You could also melt the chocolate in the microwave, but white chocolate is really sensitive to over heating so be careful.
Once the white chocolate is all melted and nice and smooth, I spread parchment paper all over the counter and spread the mix all over the paper. Then I poured the white chocolate over the top and used a spatula to mix the chocolate all around and so that there were no dry pieces and no large pockets of white chocolate. You can also use the parchment paper to help bring the pieces that try to run away while mixing, back into the middle of the paper. Then I dumped sprinkles on top of the mixture and spread everything out to allow the chocolate to harden. When it was finished, I broke up a few of the very large pieces, but left some other, I love scoring a big chuck of sweet and salty treats together. The mix can be stored in a large ziplock bag or plastic container if you want to protect the larger pieces.
I hope you are enjoying spring wherever you are and that this treat brings some bright colors and happiness your way! I’m sure that my boys will be leaving some outside of their leprechaun traps tonight!
Recipe: St. Patrick’s Day Mix
- 1 bag of pre-popped popcorn
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of chocolate eggs or M&Ms
- 1 very large pour of Lucky Charms from a large box
- 1 1/2 bags of white chocolate chips
- rainbow sprinkles
- In a large bowl combine the popcorn, pretzels, chocolate and Lucky Charms. Mix it all together and pour it on the counter covered in parchment paper.
- Over a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Pour the white chocolate over the mix on the parchment paper and use a spatula to cover the mix with chocolate until there are no big pockets of chocolate or dry pieces of mix. Shake sprinkles over the top.
- Spread the mix out over the parchment paper and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serve in a bowl or store in a ziplock bag or plastic container.
2 thoughts on “St. Patrick’s Day Mix”
Thanks for posting this just in time. I made it and I’m taking it to a family St. Pat’s day party today. It’s the perfect sweet/salt flavor profile.
Hi Nancy- I’m so glad to hear you made this to share with your family! Thank you so much for letting me know. If you send me a picture, I will share it on my Instagram stories – you can email it to me at email@example.com or you can send it to me in an Instagram message @allieandtheoven